Wednesday 18 September 2013

September update: this is a slow news month

As the year have seasons, it seems this blog also has them. Looking back at my posts history in 2012 and 2011 I made one post in September and in 2010 only one post in October saw the light of day. Considering this trend/tradition of mine, this month will also be a quiet front on this blog due to a few other time restrains, not because I don't have anything to say (sorry).

The biggest thing over my head right now are two essays I have left for this semester, one is on the ethics on the early missionaries in the South Pacific the other is on the atonement theories in John's writings (Gospel of John, 1, 2, 3 John and Revelations). These are both due on the 18th of October, so after that I think I will feel freer, although I have put off a lot of things until then...

These other things include finishing off a deck in my backyard and moving our first child out of the babies room into my study so we can make room for our second child that will be born early February. This will also mean moving the study stuff somewhere else.

I do have a few plans already for what will be appearing on this blog. I am halfway through my next post in my complementarian series on Ephesians 5:18-6:9, and from the feel of this series, I may have it done by December, which means the other two series in this vein of thinking about Calvinism and Amillennialism will be dealt with in 2014.

I have read What is the mission of the church? by Kevin deYoung and Greg Gilbert and am currently reading Church Zero by Peyton Jones (it was free on Kindle), Practical Religion by J. C. Ryle (last years present. I'm reading one chapter each Sunday night) and Surprised by Hope by N. T. Wright (we are doing this book in my Bible study); so expect some book reviews on these soon. I am also two weeks short of finishing multiply by Francis Chan which I am going through with someone and I would like to post my thoughts on that as well.

I haven't been completely idle on the Internet front. I have updated my person website to a better theme that shows my Android app a bit clearer. Two weeks ago I released my 5th Android app, Australian Daily Prayer, as well as a mobile friendly website for other non-Android devices and other websites to use: http://dailyprayer.ampers.x10.mx.

After my essays are finished I plan on updating my Weekly New City Catechism app so it does not need an Internet connection and contains all the content within itself- like what I did with the mobile multiply app. I have two more ideas for Android apps, one been for this 3, 2, 1 gospel presentation and another for displaying two books by J. C. Ryle. These may of may not happen. Currently I am updating Holiness on wikisource to be a little bit more readable and checking that the online version matches my hard copy so I can then use that content for my Ryle app.

So really this post was a bit of a non-post, but thanks for reading it all the same.

0 comments:

Post a Comment